Griffiths family of two...

My photo
depends on the day, depends on the country
Scott and McKenzie got married, it got harder to keep up with everyone they love. So they made a blog...

Friday, September 24, 2010

The start of a grand new adventure

Well Scott and I moved to Montana after two weeks of random travel and started working, he for a previous employer and me at good ol' target. Many adventures weren't recorded, including the tree stand, the poor lost elk dinner, and the Great Falls DMV.

But life must go on so I say, what the heck eh?

We currently live in Canada and Scott is going to work while his little American wife stays home because they don't let just anybody work in Canada, who knew?
Is it a sad day when the man at the Canadian border doesn't even ask for your passport because he knows who you are? Not only did this man mock me for saying "Z" when spelling my name instead of "Zed" (the french way to say it even though I'm speaking english) but he remembered me. Sometimes you take comfort that you're just another face and people won't remember you...then you find out they did remember and forever will think of you as the American that spelled her name at the border.

We aren't only moving to Canada though, no. We are moving to Fort McCmurray, Alberta, Canada. Just in case any body was wondering it is worth looking it up on a map and comparing St. George Temperatures with those of this new town (don't forget your Celsius, Fahrenheit conversions, who knew i would ever rejoice over 28 degrees?)  . Scott worries that I will become an ice-cube, but I snuck an extra blanket into the car for my half of the bed ;).

We will survive and flourish from the start here I am sure! I can't wait to see what kind of trouble I cause for us in the great north of Canada. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment